I decided, back when I was sixteen, to attempt to learn Russian on my own, thinking that, as the world grew smaller, it might one day come in handy. I used a Langauge30 cassette course from the library and did manage to learn many common words and phrases.
I guess one of the big reasons for my interest is a long-term fascination with Russian ideas on aeronautics and rocketry. I have huge respect for what the Russian people have done with their rockets, and their aircraft. People like Tsiolkovsky, Tupolev, Mikoyan, and Lavotchkin (just to name a few) made major contributions to Russia's efforts during and after WWII, er, The Great Patriotic War.
A while later (in my forties) the urge to learn more took me to a DOS-based Russian Tutor program which I used to learn Cyrillic and then promptly forget it. I dabble, that is all (but I am told my pronunciation is actually pretty good). (And I still have a copy of that old DOS app somewhere...)
Now I wish I'd tried to learn Mandarin, too.
Later On,
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar